Thursday, July 23, 2009

I stumbled upon this site, like I stumble upon everything in a Google search... and under folklore I found that when blowing the seeds off of the head of a dandelion "It's said that if you can blow all the seeds off with one blow, then you are loved with a passionate love. If some seeds remain, then your lover has reservations about the relationship. If a lot of the seeds still remain on the globe, then you are not loved at all, or very little."

I was always under the impression that blowing the seeds off a dandelion were like blowing the candles out on a birthday cake. If you blow them all out, your wish comes true. Similarly, if you close your eyes and make a wish, and blow all the seeds off then your wish comes true.

I always wonder where all the seeds end up the same way I wonder where balloons go when they are let go. I know that the whole "wind dispersal" seed method is part of what makes dandelions capable of sowing their seeds so easily... the seeds just probably end up everywhere, and then end up turning into a dandelion.

And, more things that I stumbled into:

To the Dandelion

The Dandelion and the Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment