Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yesterday I tried to make magenta dye from dandelion roots to dye the flowers... and my experiments were unsuccessful. I'm pretty sure that I made the dye incorrectly, however, I have no idea what I did wrong. Instead of magenta, I got more of a brown color....

In any case:

Here is what the dye looked like on the stove.

And here are the flowers... still yellow.

I also tried putting them in vinegar... and there wasn't anything promisin
g there either.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I just stumbled across your blog. This is a really cool idea to try and dye a flower! Maybe you should use ink next time! :) dunno if it would work though.