Friday, June 26, 2009

I leave in a couple of hours. We're having the Laguna Family Reunion in Estes Park, Colorado. I wasn't even a thought for the first family reunion way back when... and some may be shocked to hear this, but this is my first family reunion ever. Needless to say, I am very excited.

Whenever I fly anywhere I feel like I put my whole life on hold. My mother cleans obsessively before she travels anywhere... I think I was instilled with some of that gene because I woke up early to wash my bedsheets even though they weren't dirty. It's strange, I think, what gets passed down from generation to generation. I've made a lot of art about that idea in the past... and, I realized after my failed dye experiment, that I'm sort of making art about it now too.

There are certain things that can't be changed... they are the way they are because they are... genetics happen to be one of those things.

I knew this project was going to be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment